I called the church office to thank them because I thought it came from the secretary or the church staff because the gift card was enclosed in a church envelope and Vince was employed by this church before they had to lay him off due to the decline in giving. However, I was informed that it was an anonymous giver. I don't know who this is and I'm not sure that this person even knows about this blog, but I asked the secretary to please pass along to them how this came on just the day we needed it.
While this living by faith day-by-day is completely out of my comfort zone, I can definitely say that I am seeing and experiencing more about God in a matter of weeks than I have in all my 30 years of life thus far, which is saying a lot because if you read our top 10 miracles and events list (the first post on this blog), you would know we have seen and experienced a lot of wonderful things from God!
I am in complete awe of God and how in tune He is to our needs and the details of our needs. I'm trying to keep this all short but it is hard because I want everyone to see how amazing the hand of God is and how He works, so I will share one more short testimony... The other day Vince was feeling down and just felt like he must not be "hireable." I can tell you from hearing his past co-workers talk about him in front of me, reading his job reviews by his different bosses, and then all the detailed recommendation letters, that he has been given so many wonderful talents and gifts that truly make a difference in the lives of people and their approach to work and family. While we are not sure the reason, we know that he is being sifted and Satan wants nothing more than to discourage him from his ambition to impact culture. What is interesting is he received an e-mail just minutes after making the statement about perhaps not being hireable, and the e-mail was talking about the impact he had on them and the company he worked for and went on to pay him many more meaningful compliments. What is so neat is this person was talking about all these people they know who were executives and are having a hard time finding jobs and then they went on to say "I feel you are even more hireable because of everything I know about you and hear from others." Wow! The fact that they didn't even know we were having this conversation and Vince would use the word "hireable" and then the email would use that very same word just shows me how God is really into the smallest of details. If this isn't God's way of not letting Satan hardly have a minute to get a foothold and allow Vince to stay discouraged, I don't know what is!






No comments:
Post a Comment