There is that popular saying, "and the hits just keep on coming" but today the tide changed for us and it is more like "and the miracles just keep on coming." Lately, we have felt like we just can't catch our breath because of the string of events with Vince being laid off from his job and on the same day finding out about Landon's type 1 diabetes gene, then Landon coming down with RSV, etc. but Vince keeps reminding me daily that we have to stay focused on all we have been blessed with and that God has provided all we need TODAY. We can't worry about tomorrow; we just have to focus on what God has done today and He has met our needs today. I have always been one that tries to rise above circumstances and keep persevering, but this latest job loss has taken its toll. Today I just couldn't seem to snap out of it. I
was completely at peace with our situation which is something that can only come from God when you have $100 to your name. Vince and I had a nice getaway to my parents' cabin and Monday we were in the middle of talking about all that God was doing when the doorbell rang. It was Pestban wanting to know if we were going to renew our termite bond. We had to pay then or they were going to remove our termite stations out of the ground in our yard. Now this really wasn't a big deal but it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I thought to myself that this is just the beginning of people coming to our door and taking things away because we can't afford it and I just fell apart. Here we were just coming off a nice weekend and God had used two wonderful families to provide for our needs by sending us money so we could pay this weeks bills and we were in the middle of talking about that when Satan decided to have a field day with me. Satan always knows just when to interrupt things and I wish I could say that I didn't fall prey but I did and I knew I was but I just couldn't get over it. You would think that I would remember the blessings we had just experienced with God providing the money to pay this week's bills. While I remembered and was so grateful for what God had done, I was still worried about what would happen with the next week's bills that were due that we couldn't afford. Well, as crazy as it sounds that the termite man is what started my downward spiral, it did, and I have just had a hard time snapping out of it.
Today God knew I needed some encouragement and I came across
this post today where I felt like God was directly speaking to me and reminding me all that He has seen us through and the miracles we have experienced. Then, Vince got home a little while ago with the mail in his hands. In the middle of opening up more bills and feeling waves of anxiety come over me, I came across two pieces of mail. It was almost like receiving mail from God directly. One was an encouraging card with money and the other was this book which I can't wait to read from an anonymous source with money in the middle of it. We were blown away with the generosity that we had received from such wonderful family and friends and how God came to our rescue and gave us security and comfort when we needed it so much. In less than a week, we have received enough money to pay our bills for the second half of this month. That is simply amazing! Please continue to be in prayer for us because in order for us to have health insurance we have to come up with $1100 by March 1st or either our medicaid needs to get approved before 45 days as we were originally told.
Just when I am at the end of my rope, God gives me more rope to hang onto so that I don't fall. I've said it before, even if we lose our house and everything we have materially, I am confident that God will use it to work everything out for His glory and our good, but even with this confidence I still have moments where I feel sad. However, I am reminded yet again that God is good all the time and never gives us more than we can handle. I'm also reminded that we have just enough light for the step we're on and that I can't worry about tomorrow, next week, or beyond. I have to remember God is going to meet me where I am TODAY and give me the strength and provision I need for that day. Thank you to those of you that God has used to encourage me because I really needed it today! Stay tuned for what God will do next.
The card and book we received today!
Hey I wanted to encourage you with this quote from Nancy Leigh DeMoss of Reviveourhearts.com
ReplyDelete"The same situation or event can be both a temptation and a test or a trial. Temptation is always a test. Will I trust God? Will I obey God? Or will I respond sinfully? When I am tempted to sin that is a test. Then what God designs as a test or trial, Satan will often turn to a temptation to sin. Satan wants to tempt you to despair, to doubt God, to resent God, to resist His ways. So our prayer needs to be, Lord we don't want to sin against you. Please help me not to yield to temptation and be brought under its power. Please don't let me be overcome by it but have victory in it! Lord I want you to be magnified, Your name to be glorified, so please give me the grace to deal with this trial."
I love you all,
Karen
Hey, your story is a blessing to me. Honestly. It gave me goose bumps to read your post. I am just, as always, amazed by you guys... and mostly, amazed at our God because of you guys. Thanks for sharing so transparently.
ReplyDelete