
You've heard the phrase, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." You can see here that you don't have to look too far back on my family tree to see where the "funny farm" originated. These are my parents and no, you are not having a flashback to the 80's. They won the "Best Couple" award at an 80's party they went to last night. Love my dad's class ring on my mom's necklace and the big earrings and hair band! Nice touch! In all seriousness, I am very blessed to have such wonderful parents. They are so much fun and I hope when I get in the 55+ club that I'll be able to roller skate without breaking my bones at an 80's party and fit into a cheerleading uniform, too!
Although, my dad came close with a very bruised bum when he wiped out but in all fairness, he was doing a roller skating race with much younger guys but we won't post those pictures. :) For those of you that are really wondering if there are really pictures of my dad's bruise, that would be a big "NO!" We take a lot of pictures, but there are some that just don't need to be taken and that is one of them. And for those of you that are wondering what my dad must be thinking of me right about now... he is so proud! (ha, ha). In reality, he is probably so embarrassed and turning red as he reads this and just shaking his head wondering where things went wrong in raising me. He just needs to remember that you reap what you sow and he is the one who taught me how to dish it out so he is learning how to take it. One more example of the apple not falling far from the tree! As modest as he is, he is learning that with three kids, there just aren't any skeletons in our closet.
Now for my mom... the fact that she can fit in a teenager's cheerleading uniform is remarkable. She is just as beautiful on the inside as on the outside and for that matter, my dad is too. He is just too much fun to not mess with. The only unfortunate part of the apple and the tree is there was a break in the genetic code when I didn't get my mom's petite frame because I know there is no way that I'll be able to fit in my cheerleadering uniform when I'm in the 55+ club because I can't even do that now. So, unfortunately, in this case the apple did fall a lot further from the tree.






No comments:
Post a Comment