Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dad's Day

Grant and Peyton have looked forward to this past Tuesday and Wednesday from the time they learned that "Dad's Day" was coming at their school. Once a year, the dad's come early to their school and they serve breakfast for the dads and kids to eat together, followed by a fun program, and then a visit to the classroom where the kids give the dads crafts they made for them. This is the third year they have attended this preschool and it is a day that Vince has always looked forward to.

Our boys have such a unique relationship with Vince. They know there is nothing that he would not do for them and he is the kind of dad that makes it a point to show them each day how much he loves them and he is always telling them how proud he is they are his sons. He affirms each of them one-on-one daily on what is unique about them, how his life is so enriched by them, and how they each are an important and special part of our family. No matter how tired or stressed he may be, he always makes time to TRULY enjoy them and this is never done out of obligation or as if it were a chore. He truly loves spending time with his boys and they in turn love the time with him too. I love watching him interact with them. When they have their "guy time" I will sometimes overhear one of them say out of nowhere, "I love you so much, Daddy!" It just melts my heart!

From the time they were born, he jumped right in there to help out in any way he could and did not even think twice about getting his hands dirty and I mean that at times in a literal sense. He never looks at anything with our kids as my sole responsibility. He is right in the trenches with me when it comes to raising our kids. I remember there were times he would get up with me over night when I would feed Grant just to keep me company. Of course, that changed with each child to where now a bomb could go off in our room and it would not wake him. :)

In all seriousness, each of our sons are so blessed to have a dad who loves them and their mom so much! He is always eager to have "guy time" which involves him taking them out for fun on the town and while I'm not there, I feel confident that it is a fun, but controlled scene, not him running after them with chaos ensuing. :) He will even volunteer to take them out so that I can get caught up with my "things to do." I am so glad that Vince was one of the dads that was celebrated because he truly deserves it and is one of the most selfless people I know!





The circus puppet show that the dads and kids watched together.


Vince proudly wearing the tie Grant made for him.


Here are the keepsake pictures they sent home with the boys. I don't have this picture on my camera to upload so I just had to take a picture of these pictures.



Gifts the boys made for Vince for "Dad's Day." The gift from Peyton is his face inside a lion's mane to go along with the circus theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment